Boards, Commissions & Committees
Citizen participation in community affairs is vital to the progress of the city. The City Council appoints citizens who serve voluntarily on advisory boards and commissions of the City.
The City Council has established many different advisory commissions and committees that are formed for particular reasons, which meet on a regular basis to address important issues to our community.
The City currently has the following advisory boards and commissions:
- Arts – promote and present cultural activities
- Board of Adjustment and Appeals – consider variances and appeals to the zoning code
- Charter – reviews and recommends amendments to the city charter
- Historical – monitor matters of historical significance
- Parks and Recreation – maintain comprehensive park plan for park development
- Planning – review issues involving zoning, the Comprehensive Plan and land use
- Safety – review public safety issues
- Sustainability – research ideas for sustainable living
- Civil Service – deals with employment decisions regarding Police and Fire personnel
If you are interested in becoming a member of an advisory board, please fill out the Commission Application (PDF).
Traffic Review Committee
The Traffic Review Committee is an internal working group made up of City staff that address residents' suggestions or concerns related to traffic issues. Read more about this committee and submit your suggestion on the online form.
A staff liaison is assigned to each commission to assist with agenda preparation, researching issues and coordination of programs or projects. If you have a specific questions about any advisory board or commission, call the staff liaison at 763-755-2880.