Community Sustainability Partnership
The City of Coon Rapids and the Coon Rapids Sustainability Commission support initiatives to support a green, sustainable and healthy community. Are you a business/civic organization/non-profit organization/faith organization that has implemented sustainable business practices? Are you implementing organics recycling, using LED lighting, buying in bulk or using electric or hybrid vehicles? These are just some of the ways businesses in Coon Rapids are implementing sustainable business practices. If you are an owner or employee at a local Coon Rapids business/organization and think your group is operating in a sustainable manner, we encourage you to share your practices with us and invite you to sign up for the Community Sustainability Partnership (CSP)!
Help promote your business/organization, and with your help, get all Coon Rapids businesses/organizations on board! If you are on the opposite spectrum, and think your business is lagging behind in areas where more sustainable practices could be implemented, we encourage you to use us as a resource! View the website pages here and use the tools available to you. You could be the next sustainable business gaining recognition!
The City has four classifications to the CSP program:
- Bronze (25 points)
- Silver (45 points)
- Gold (65 points)
- Platinum (85 points)
Businesses/organizations receive an overall score once they have submitted their form detailing which sustainable practices they have implemented in their business. After signing up for the program, businesses will receive:
- A special certificate
- A window decal to proudly display at the place of business
- Be listed in the Coon Rapids Connection City newsletter and on the City website under the category listing of your business (Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum)
Businesses/organizations are also encouraged to continue making sustainable improvements and rise to the next level of recognition.
How to Sign Up for the Program
1) Fill out the online application form
2) After the form is received, a City staff member will contact the business representative to discuss what level the business qualifies for with the program.
3) City staff will mail your certificate and window decal. Your business will then be added to the next "Coon Rapids Connection" City newsletter and be added to the City website.
Need More Help?
Businesses are encouraged to continue making sustainable improvements and rise to the next level of recognition. City staff can help businesses achieve their goals by offering site visits, resources and additional information. Contact Colleen at 763-767-6485 for more information.